Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fillonte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Hi,

I have installed the beta yesterday and I am experiencing some weird interaction issues between World of Warcraft and my network that result in the game being unplayable at incredibly high latency.

My internet connection speed is just fine for browsing and downloading and the game runs perfectly from other OS (Yosemite) and when connected to my office network (different provider). So I suppose El Capitan changed some network preferences or something similar, but I can't seem to get to the root of the problem.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar (maybe with other games or different internet apps)

Thanks

naflish

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2015
i noticed in Yosemite and El Capitan that when using both bluetooth mouse (in my case, apple magic mouse) and wifi, my internet connection drop tremendously and almost unusable. even opening google website took 3minutes!

when i turn off bluetooth, internet connection seems to be fine again. i tested this behaviour numerous times and strongly assure that its the bluetooth that's causing problem. my router supports only 2.4ghz so im suspecting that's the connection bottleneck. i've tried trashing bluetooth plist, reset pram/smc and changing dns server and still, the problem persist

anyone else with similar problem?

hxlover904

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2011
Was it not too long after installing? The system optimization sit does after initial install made my mbp lag like crazy for a while. After a few hours it was back to normal and I've not experienced any issues with connectivity with either the iMac or the mbp. Of course I haven't used either to game online either so I might not have been in a position to experience exactly what you have either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.