Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
When I put my cursor to the side of the screen, it slides to the desktop/space on that side. So if i put my cursor on the right side of the screen, it switches to Desktop 2, and when I put it on the left, it goes back to Desktop 1. This just started happening. It seemed to start happening after I installed the Command Line Tools update or whatever that was. But it is really annoying because everytime I put my cursor in the lower right corner to put the display to sleep, I come back and I am in Desktop 2 instead! :mad: How do I turn off this annoying new feature?!!

Last edited:

TehFalcon

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2011
United States
When I put my cursor to the side of the screen, it slides to the desktop/space on that side. So if i put my cursor on the right side of the screen, it switches to Desktop 2, and when I put it on the left, it goes back to Desktop 1. This just started happening. It seemed to start happening after I installed the Command Line Tools update or whatever that was. But it is really annoying because everytime I put my cursor in the lower right corner to put the display to sleep, I come back and I am in Desktop 2 instead! :mad: How do I turn off this annoying new feature?!!

System Preference > Mission Control > Hot Corners

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
System Preference > Mission Control > Hot Corners

No! When I put my cursor on the SIDE, NOT THE CORNER, it switches Desktops. When I put my cursor in the CORNER to put display to sleep, it also switches to the other desktop!

----------

Huh... it stopped. Must be a glitch... :confused:

TehFalcon

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2011
United States
No! When I put my cursor on the SIDE, NOT THE CORNER, it switches Desktops. When I put my cursor in the CORNER to put display to sleep, it also switches to the other desktop!

----------

Huh... it stopped. Must be a glitch... :confused:

Odd, something must've been installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.