Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jolarte1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2021
Hello!

I occasionally get the following notifications/ads for random things on my iPhone 11 running on iOS 14 and I’m not sure how to turn these off. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
9D57DA23-3E0B-4A42-B90B-5FD9053A5C44.png

jolarte1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2021
Thanks Apple_Robert

I was actually on Spotify which I have in English and the ad is related to a magazine subscription in Spanish which leads me to believe it’s not related to Spotify.

Thanks

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
Since we see a "Back" button in the upper-left corner, Spotify in the background, and we do not see the name of another app (if you had been switched out of Spotify you'd have seen "Spotify" in the upper left), I'm going to assume that is an ad delivered by Spotify. Since the "Back," "Cancel,"and "Accept" are in English, I'll make a guess that there was an error in Spotify's ad delivery system that unintentionally presented an ad intended for a different audience.

Reactions: KaliYoni

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
That's actually a so-called "Flash SMS", that's how the iPhone displays them. Have you subscribed to any premium service via SMS? If you are not aware, call your mobile operator and complain to them, ask them to disable any premium SMS services and send them screenshots of the spam you got.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.