Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
for some reason when i boot into bootcamp my time is all messed up. i fix it and ok its fixed but when i boot back to mac osx the time is fudged too like it carries the windows messed up time back to max osx but then it sometimes automatically fix its self to the right time and sometimes i have to do it manually.

any1 having this problem?

Alag28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
jamesmcd said:
You mean it switches between AM and PM? That happens to everyone I believe.

that too like for example its 12 38 am over here ET ...i boot into windows..and its 3 38...but i clicked on the time/went to internet time/and i updated the time using the windows time network and corrected it self maybe i fixed it idk yet...but yea pretty strange

flyakite

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2005
Chicago
This is discussed on Apple's Boot Camp site (it's been fixed in Boot Camp Beta 1.1)

5 items down or so: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303572#faq1

Why is the time different between Mac OS X and Windows XP on my computer?

This issue is addressed in Boot Camp Beta 1.1.

With earlier versions of Boot Camp Beta, the Windows XP and Mac OS X operating systems handle your computer's date and time information differently, so the date and time may be different when you switch operating systems. For best results, use a network time server and resync the date and time whenever you switch operating systems. In Mac OS X, use the “Set date & time automatically” option in the Date & Time preferences. In Windows XP, click the Update Now button in the “Date and Time Properties” control panel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.