Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hope one of you experts can help me with this one.

A while ago I was having some issues with Airdrop wrongly identifying my iPhone and my wife's iPad as my daughters device.

I had a call with Apple who couldn't fix the issue despite a few attempts. However during that fix I had to do a pram reset etc. Currently i'm running a late 2012 iMac on 10.11.6

Anyway I've now noticed that if I browse one of my active tabs in Safari, all is well. If I open a new tab it won't load. If I try to take an existing tab to a new website, same issue.
Defiantly connected to the internet, and no behaviour problem in Chrome.

I currently have about 6 open tabs which is pretty standard for me.
If I shut down it fixes it for a while but then I get the same issue again.

Any suggestions?

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
Hope one of you experts can help me with this one.

A while ago I was having some issues with Airdrop wrongly identifying my iPhone and my wife's iPad as my daughters device.

I had a call with Apple who couldn't fix the issue despite a few attempts. However during that fix I had to do a pram reset etc. Currently i'm running a late 2012 iMac on 10.11.6

Anyway I've now noticed that if I browse one of my active tabs in Safari, all is well. If I open a new tab it won't load. If I try to take an existing tab to a new website, same issue.
Defiantly connected to the internet, and no behaviour problem in Chrome.

I currently have about 6 open tabs which is pretty standard for me.
If I shut down it fixes it for a while but then I get the same issue again.

Any suggestions?

Reinstall the OS - something is corrupted. Not a hardware issue, fortunately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.