Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I noticed weirdness last night for time zone reset on my ipad 12.9 3rd Gen with the last RC of 16.4 (same as actual release). That was weird thought it would only on cellular devices (showed on iphone this morning by the way). I do not have cell on my Ultra in use just use pairing with iphone for calls and to save money since I am never separated between phone and watch by the way. And this morning at 2 AM central daylight time (Illinois USA ) my watch which was in sleep focus on wrist asked to reboot for the time zone so I suspect there were changes all over supposedly this comes from carrier but then it would seem that this should show on iphone only. I can take calls on all three from the connection with iphone so maybe that is why I we get that notice?????

Funny coincidence at time 10 PM central daylight when it did the reset and came back on my ipad lost the connection with Magic Keyboard which it has not done since the first year I had it several years back. I had to do the take ipad off keyboard and disconnect the USB-c power cable from the keyboard and then put both back on before my keyboard was back to normal. Like the time zone shift did some weird thing to ipad which makes no logical sense. Anyone else see time zone resets on iPads you can answer your iphone through and then weird behavior after the short reset/reboot for new time zone info???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.