Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SlipperyJelly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2016
Howdy, whenever i enter a url into my browser that doesn't actually link to a site(e.g blank.blank/) or click an old link that no longer links to a site i am redirected to a page that says "
Welcome to nginx!
If you see this page, the nginx web server is successfully installed and working. Further configuration is required.

For online documentation and support please refer to nginx.org.
Commercial support is available at nginx.com.

Thank you for using nginx."

this never happened before and i don't know whats causing it, i know it isn't a virus on my computer because ive tried on other computers in the house and it happens as well, so im assuming its something to do with the DNS or router, any help on how to get rid of it?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Nginx is web server/proxy software and it would be normal to see that error once in a while if you go to bad page on a web site for example, but you should not be seeing it all the time.

I'm wondering if your ISP is having DNS troubles that causes this. Try going to your router settings and changing the DNS servers to something else like OpenDNS 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.