Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
☝️yeah. Your setup uses basic devices people should have anyway, rather than convince somebody that they need such and such RAID bay with such and such software or NAS that they have to configure etc. Popping a drive into the dock is as easy as loading a VCR. Replace as you go.

ToniCH

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2020
On my Breadbin I load software using this:
Yes, I have Kung Fu Flash too, and... ;) There are couple of new ones (around 50€ each) which seem interesting and I would like to try them. And then there is the Turbo Chameleon v2 which would be super cool but I consider it too expensive at this point.

The Ultimate II+ plus has an ethernet-connection. Maybe I should try if I can connect to my Mini servers with C64? Would make transferring files to it, well I don't know if it would be handy in any way but atleast modern. ;) Cannot remember what protocols are supported but FTP might be a possibility? EDIT: here. Primitive but something might work.

The second pic is my SD2IEC -SD-card reader. Same as yours I see! 👍 The cardridges are so good it gets very little use these days.

BTW. couple of weeks ago I installed a 4x switchless Kernel ROM switcher to my 250407 breadbin. Works just great!

Granted - but your video might be better.
I highly doubt it. I still used to do some video editing back when iMovie was new but never really got exited about it. I've done some videos every now and then but I no longer edit them other than cut the unnecessary stuff out. They are as basic as they can be, nothing special. And I don't think I have interest or even time to learn good editing anymore.

Attachments

• C64 cardridges.JPG
    C64 cardridges.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 16
  • SD2IEC.JPG
    SD2IEC.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Rom switcher installed.JPG
    Rom switcher installed.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: TheShortTimer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.