Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Finally after weeks of bouncing back and forth between a MB, MBP, whether I wanted a black one, white, refurb one, new one, Amazon, AAFES (military) store, JR.com...

I finally decided that I liked my current laptop (Dell M1210) due to it's portability and while I like the MBP's specs a lot, I just couldn't justify the price jump. I probably spent a little more than I wanted but I really wanted a black one. There's just something about it. I dunno. Anyway, I paid $1160 with shipping for a new previous gen (2.2Ghz) black Macbook. A refurb from the Apple store (which seem to go quick) would've cost me about $25-30 less so not too bad I don't think.

I'm really looking forward to playing with my first Mac. If things go well (and I'm sure they will, I'm probably going to buy an iPhone and a new Macbook pro when the newer models are released. I act as if I'm rich or something. :eek:

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
Finally after weeks of bouncing back and forth between a MB, MBP, whether I wanted a black one, white, refurb one, new one, Amazon, AAFES (military) store, JR.com...

I finally decided that I liked my current laptop (Dell M1210) due to it's portability and while I like the MBP's specs a lot, I just couldn't justify the price jump. I probably spent a little more than I wanted but I really wanted a black one. There's just something about it. I dunno. Anyway, I paid $1160 with shipping for a new previous gen (2.2Ghz) black Macbook. A refurb from the Apple store (which seem to go quick) would've cost me about $25-30 less so not too bad I don't think.

I'm really looking forward to playing with my first Mac. If things go well (and I'm sure they will, I'm probably going to buy an iPhone and a new Macbook pro when the newer models are released. I act as if I'm rich or something. :eek:

WTG! Congrats! I also purchased a Black refurb about 2 weeks ago and I love it. It came with 2 gigs of ram, so I got lucky there. I didn't think Id like the glossy screen, but it's fine also! Have fun and let us know when it comes in! ;)

::Lisa::

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
Nottingham, UK
Congratulations on your 1st Mac, you'll never look back :D

[EDIT] In addition to the above poster posting the switch links, take a look at this one... My First Mac offering a 1 page crash course in Mac's :)

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Welcome to the Apple experience. Be very careful though. Apple products tend to multiply much quicker than you think. :)

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
I also purchased a Black refurb about 2 weeks ago and I love it. It came with 2 gigs of ram, so I got lucky there

Same thing happened to ME, it arrived YESTERDAY, I'm so happy!!!

Welcome to the Apple experience. Be very careful though. Apple products tend to multiply much quicker than you think
I'd add WELCOME to the BRIGHT SIDE OF COMPUTERS... and the DARK SIDE OF YOUR WALLET!!!!

Ever since I started buying apple products, I've been looking for an Applecoholic association..... anybody knows where to go???? :p

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Thanks for welcome everyone. Seems like I made the right choice as far as community goes.

GfulDedFan, those links will be really helpful as I'm sure I'm going to be really confused when I start using Leopard.

Can't wait! :)

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
I'm sure I'm going to be really confused when I start using Leopard.
Can't wait! :)

Most likely, after a short time, the only confusion will be why you waited so long to switch. Macs are easy....just watch the kids playing on them at the Apple Store.

Domofloge

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2008
New Jersey
Enjoy bro. I just got my first Mac for Christmas. Kinda makes all those years of using windows seem like a waste of time. haha I love my :apple:!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.