Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nadinbrzezinski

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
from small dogs

It took oh fifteen minutes to be up and running, and installed cross over for my writing app.

What can I say? the size of the screen is a luxury

But... after seeing the ammount of exploded mag safes, I guess mine will stay off the machine whenever I turn it off.

Oh and definintely a mouse is necessary with the machine. (And the purists will scream but we have a cheap MS mouse that works fine) So that is kind of a funny image, macbook using an MS mouse.

I don't expect to get a MAC mouse for some months anyway, so don't scream folks. Me... just happily typing away on new toy

:D

harmonium

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2007
mouse=mouse

A mouse is just a mouse.... Though, seeing as I really had no other option at my uni, I go the mighty mouse for my MBP..... I could do with out, but it makes doing the online homework easier for some reason. All good.

congrats on your machine, they are wonderful. As I'm sure you've already found out.

russell.h

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
I've actually come to prefer the trackpad to a mouse for everything except gaming and image editing.

But seriously, whatever you do, don't get a mighty mouse. Anyone who has ever owned one (and I count myself among that unlucky group) can tell you how bad they are. I mean they're kind of neat, but you can get a much nicer mouse for the same amount from Logitech or the like. And you won't need to submerge it in alcohol every few days to keep it working.

aliquis-

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
What machine is it? I have the razer deathadder and microsoft ergonomic 4000 but I would prefer wireless now I guess because it would look much better.

I've actually come to prefer the trackpad to a mouse for everything except gaming and image editing.

But seriously, whatever you do, don't get a mighty mouse. Anyone who has ever owned one (and I count myself among that unlucky group) can tell you how bad they are. I mean they're kind of neat, but you can get a much nicer mouse for the same amount from Logitech or the like. And you won't need to submerge it in alcohol every few days to keep it working.
Get a wacom and maybe you will prefer it over all ;D

Of course Logitech, Razer and Microsoft makes better mouses than Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.