Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
I am going back to my old Google Hello Doorbell and will get a Starling hub to get all my other Google/Nest devices to HomeKit. I really tried giving this the benefit of the doubt but I could not get past the sh*tty image quality in the day and even worse at night. I could barely see my car parked outside the house.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I am going back to my old Google Hello Doorbell and will get a Starling hub to get all my other Google/Nest devices to HomeKit. I really tried giving this the benefit of the doubt but I could not get past the sh*tty image quality in the day and even worse at night. I could barely see my car parked outside the house.
I’m leaning toward the same thing. The image quality is soooooo bad.

Update: I'm back with the Nest. It's just so disappointing that the Nest continues to be so much better. Also $100 cheaper than the Wemo.

Last edited:

amaris-aiya

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2020
Has anyone used a Ring plug in adapter 2nd gen to power a Wemo doorbell camera? The adapter outputs a DC current. (However, the actual Ring cameras also say that they require AC current even though the plug in adapter can power it)

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
My WeMo has stopped responding and is refusing to reset. I have had to reset the thing so many times that I suspect that I've worn out the impossible-to-get-at reset button. If they were smart, they would make the hole big enough that you can use the screwdriver they provide for the locking screw to hit the reset button, but it's so small that the only thing I have found that I can use.

My experience with the WeMo has been horrible.

JUMA55

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.