Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Getintothegame

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
Big Sky, MT
Anyone else having this issue on their T-Mobile issued iPads? I'm trying to "View Account" in settings so I can set everything up but I keep getting this error. I'm about to try a new SIM.

Going to my.t-mobile.com works on my desktop.

EDIT: I'm seeing that there may be others with the issue: http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/55967?start=60&tstart=0

EDIT 2: Just called T-Mobile. They're saying that this is an issue with their website. The aim to have it resolved within 48 hours.

EDIT 3: I just got to the "Use Existing Email Address" or "Add New Email Address" screen. Looks like it's almost working, but not quite. Every time I try to validate, it throws an error.

EDIT 4: Looks like it is now working. It still has a few bugs, but it just validated and everything looks good.

EDIT 5: Now it looks like it is not giving me the 200mb free. Hm...

Last edited:

sovereign

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2009
Found out the same thing today. A google search shows that it has been down for weeks. What a friggin joke.

Ssunbrn

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
T-Mobile Ipad not working

I'm not sure if my problem is related, but I'm also having issues with my T-Mobile iPad Air. Specifically, I keep getting redirected to the mim.t-mobile.com website. I burned through the free 200 MB and then added a 1 month 2.5 GB prepaid increment (i.e., it shows in my account history as active), but the network will not authenticate my device. No error messages, just continued re-direct to mim.tmobile.com

Over the course of the last week, I've called t-mobile 4 times and received various explanations without resolution. I also visited a corporate store and they couldn't help either. "My issue will be forwarded to the engineers"

Things that did not work: power cycle, reset network settings, removed SIM, attempted in different areas (DC, VA, and NC), Full LTE signal, etc.

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
Same issue here. Just bought a new air from the apple store brought it home and cant get it to connect/register on tmobile site. Any workarounds?

Mitch619

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2013
Same here. Got my tmobile ipad last night and have not been able to view my account.

Ssunbrn

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
FYI - my problem was solved by calling T-mobile and requesting a refund for the 30 day 2.5 GB prepaid add-on that was purchased through the ipad. I then asked that they use the credit to purchase a new increment of data. After that, everything worked fine. I can now use cellular data.

dlewis23

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
I purchased a T-Mobile iPad Air today and Im getting the same thing quite frustrating. Calling T-Mobile was no help so far there customer service is worse the Verizon and AT&T.

Dekard

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Try this as a fix... no clue why it works..

Disable wifi and turn on the cell data to get it to work so you can sign up for data plan.. this worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.