Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macg4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 17, 2003
Des Moines,Iowa
4b_1.JPG
Ive got a chance to pick up a lombard here local for $100. its from the orginal owner with all orginal software,and a external usb cd burner as well. kind of low in specs but thats alright. its a 333mhz/64mb ram/4gig hd/cd drive. should i go for it?

Heres the orginal auction listing text:
Well maintained Powerbook G3. Fully functional. Mac OS 8.6 Software Installed: MS Office 2001, EndNote 5, Acrobat 5.0, Photoshop 4.0, Starcraft + Broodwar Expansion, Warcraft II. Also will include an external CD Writer (Iomega Zip CD USB/650).

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2003
mi
Do you need it?

Does the battery hold a charge?

Seems like a good price for a lombard, if it's in good shape, but I honestly haven't been looking for about a year, so I don't know what that's done to prices.

macg4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 17, 2003
Des Moines,Iowa
Do you need it? Not really, but would be nice to have a somewhat decent portable again, since i dont have one anymore.

Does the battery hold a charge?[I]not sure i will have to ask the seller[/I]

Seems like a good price for a lombard, if it's in good shape
yeah thats kinda what i was thinking too. the low ram and stock hd dont bother me. i will end up swapping them out anyway. i already have a 256simm on the way as we speak :)

macg4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 17, 2003
Des Moines,Iowa
added a pic now so everyone can get a look at it. i know its not the best of pics but its the one from the orginal ebay auction

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.