Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n8cousins

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2013
Burlington, Vermont
We saw a whole bunch of native apps UI changes today, but what about iTunes? They didn't mention it once! Or did I just miss it?

Will the DPs and BETAs run 11.2.2? I think if they had a new redesign they would have showed it off during the presentation.

Anitramane

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2013
We saw a whole bunch of native apps UI changes today, but what about iTunes? They didn't mention it once! Or did I just miss it?

Will the DPs and BETAs run 11.2.2? I think if they had a new redesign they would have showed it off during the presentation.

The icon changed. Thats what I know

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
They usually show off new iTunes versions in the fall.

I think Apple will be scrambling to get all their apps updated with the new look. Look at iPhoto, it's not coming till early 2015.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
The icon definitely changed to match 'Music'. Hopefully, Apple will do the right thing and split out Music, Video and iTunes Store on the Mac. With a full re-write and seamless integration, they could be amazing, slick apps rather than the slow bloatware they are now.

I'd expect this change with some kind of improvements to streaming services ala Beats in the Fall.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
no change to iTunes icon as of now in DP1. At least from an upgrade... I will try a clean install later tonight most likely and see what happens.

11.2.2 is what I have currently.

bitfactory

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
no change to iTunes icon as of now in DP1. At least from an upgrade... I will try a clean install later tonight most likely and see what happens.

11.2.2 is what I have currently.

I have a feeling their version of iTunes on stage was not included in DP1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.