Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattlukea

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2021
Hey. I’m deciding between the AirPods Pro and AirPods 3rd Gen. which have a better in ear fit without falling out? Thanks

telefono

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2007
Do not listen to anyone about fit. My Airpods 3 fall out of my ears instantly but they might be perfect for you. Basically useless info from me on actual fit for you, BUT the only takeaway here is you need to try them on yourself :)

johntw

macrumors regular
May 29, 2016
You have to try. AirPods Pro never worked for me regardless of tip size or material. AirPods 3 are nearly perfect for my ears.

sonstar

Suspended
Sep 13, 2021
Pros never worked for me, AirPods 2 right ear only, haven’t tried the new ones yet. Have doubts.

sonstar

Suspended
Sep 13, 2021
Do not listen to anyone about fit. My Airpods 3 fall out of my ears instantly but they might be perfect for you. Basically useless info from me on actual fit for you, BUT the only takeaway here is you need to try them on yourself :)
Did the pods 2 fall out too? I can only wear them in right ear Lol

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
If you were going to guess and check, I’d start with the pros. If the tips work for you, they anchor them pretty well in your ears. Obviously, doesn’t work for everyone.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
It is very subjective, as our ears are all different, so the best way is probably trying different ones to find out. I am personally fine with AP1-3, but do not like APP, as they create extra pressure in the ear canal, but many others can enjoy them.

telefono

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2007
Did the pods 2 fall out too? I can only wear them in right ear Lol
Yes the AirPods 1 fell out as well as the AirPods 3. I used ear hooks with the AirPods 1 and they were perfect, except you had to carry them with you so a little annoying.
Waiting for someone to make Silicone Ear Hooks to suit the AirPods 3 so I can start using them. I have the AirPods 3 sitting on my desk doing nothing but resting :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.