Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GlynH

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
I see references to measuring voltages, current draw etc. and sometimes see screenshots but apart from Hardware Monitor (that looks to have been discontinued in 2017) was wondering what app(s) might be able to display these measurements?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
iStat Menus 6 is one of the best for this and probably used by most people here.

Btw, you already did open the thread below, why another one? You could just asked there.

GlynH

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2016
iStat Menus 6 is one of the best for this and probably used by most people here.

Thanks Alex...yeah I saw that a little while ago when I was looking for temperature monitoring but when I went to install it *I think* it wanted to download/install some additional components without telling me what they were? :confused:

I believe it also wanted to show me the weather or something? ;)

I've always been fussy about what I install on my computers and not knowing what it was put me off.

If its trusted here I'll take another look.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Thanks Alex...yeah I saw that a little while ago when I was looking for temperature monitoring but when I went to install it *I think* it wanted to download/install some additional components without telling me what they were? :confused:

I believe it also wanted to show me the weather or something? ;)

I've always been fussy about what I install on my computers and not knowing what it was put me off.

If its trusted here I'll take another look.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
If you don't want to sign the weather data service, very good btw, just don't accept it, it's an add-on.

TECK

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2011
That, great tool.

1642166679715.png

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Yep, I'm a iStat user since at least version 3, I think, upgraded it to Family license and did all the subsequent upgrades for that license. I also have several single seat licenses, whenever a bundle had it on the cheap I bought it again - I like to support the developer when I can. Same for DriveDX.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.