Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
of anything being released tomorrow that will be available for purchase within the next week...why march? I hope something is available to buy tomorrow or atleast by next week i need a new toy.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Not likely

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
It used to be that Apple had the hardware ready for the day it was announced. The store would go down before the address and then when it came back up, it was there. I do wish that they would return to this, it was awesome and allowed for the impulse buy.

:D

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
1) the devs haven't received sdk's or simulators yet (to prevent leaks), so no apps would be ready (or very very few) right away.

2) the content deals aren't all in place yet.

3) FCC clearance is probably held up in order to prevent leaks

4) no product is yet in the channel to prevent leaks.

In short, mainly to prevent leaks, Apple announces first, then sets the distribution network going.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
gfgsaf

i really hope theres something even if its just an ilife suite or something to play with nothing cool has been released lately. And i prey the tablet isnt just a damn enlarged iphone and that they change the interface...its great but truly its getting dated.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
ultimate

ultimately the hype that has been surrounding this earth shattering event will underwhelm, I would really hope that no one gives in and buys this thing if it is just an oversized iphone.......but its weird that on the eve on launch there is no leaked shots or any shots which i feel confident are the actual product

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
of anything being released tomorrow that will be available for purchase within the next week...why march? I hope something is available to buy tomorrow or atleast by next week i need a new toy.

ultimately the hype that has been surrounding this earth shattering event will underwhelm, I would really hope that no one gives in and buys this thing if it is just an oversized iphone.......but its weird that on the eve on launch there is no leaked shots or any shots which i feel confident are the actual product

1) You sound like you have multiple personality disorder
2) It's quite common with Apple products to not have verifiable leaked shots prior to a new product launch.
3) Jan to March...allows testing/production in adequate quantities to satisfy the masses, allows Apple to nail down negotiations with software/content vendors, and allows momentum/frenzy to build.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
1) You sound like you have multiple personality disorder
2) It's quite common with Apple products to not have verifiable leaked shots prior to a new product launch.
3) Jan to March...allows testing/production in adequate quantities to satisfy the masses, allows Apple to nail down negotiations with software/content vendors, and allows momentum/frenzy to build.

and if i did have a disorder wouldnt u feel like ****

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
It takes a few months for Apple to get FCC clearance. Remember when the Magic Mouse was leaked ahead of release? they want to stop that.

That must have sent tremors through the world.

Sorry I was not following Apple closely back then.. just the idea of people waited with baited fingers for the Mighty Mouse to come out cracks me up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.