Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Can someone please post a picture of the default mouse - trackpad settings in Sierra or High Sierra? Right before I upgrades to High Seirra, I had trouble dragging and dropping via the trackpad. First time I had had problems. I tried to adjust some settings in Accessibility and thought it was working ok. After I upgraded to High Sierra, I started having the same kind of problem, as well as the trackpad highly text to pictures on the screen without me trying to, which has made for some files getting highlighted and moved around when I didn't mean to. I can't remember what the default settings are. Also, is there a way to reset via the terminal?

Thanks

Suspended
Jun 23, 2017
You may want to check the option Tap to Click or something similar. It allows you to tap instead of click for a click, which may be the issue you’re facing.
There’s probably a plist file somewhere you can edit, but I strongly recommend against it.

You can also create a new account to get all the default settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.