Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
Really want that USB-C since almost everything else in my life has it but not sure I can justify the upgrade for that alone.

Currently from rumors it looks Pro (non-Max) upgrades include:

• Lightning Port -> USB-C port
  • 5nm A16 -> 3nm A17, better perf and efficiency
  • WiFi 6 -> WiFi 6E (finally!)
  • Stainless Steel -> Titanium frame, so it may be a bit lighter
  • Slight design tweaks (rounder edges, smaller bezels)
  • Stacked batteries? Recent rumor but might have slighter bigger battery life when combined with 3nm chip, something non-Max Pro needs.

As far as I can tell, there will be no camera upgrade for non-Max Pro, which is unfortunate since I feel that it's quite behind some of the competition in night shots and overly done processing.

Anything else I missed?

fakestrawberryflavor

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2021
Is there any rumors about a higher res display / more PPI?

Not that I would ever legitimately use one, but the S23 Ultra screen and the Sony Xperia 1V screen are pretty amazing. The Sony is over 600PPI and its SHARP.

Nbd1790

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2017
New York
Think you've got most of it covered. Although I wouldn't rule out some sort of camera "upgrade" or "enhancement" over the 14. I'm sure there will be something tied to the processor upgrade being reconfigured or able to handle certain photo scenarios better.

Generally speaking though, it seems you're right. I'm going to hold off until the next gen before I consider moving from the 14 pro. I honestly have no complaints about the feature set on it currently.

The Titanium frame and being significantly lighter is actually the thing I'm looking forward to most (aside from USB-C)

Reactions: Dulcimer

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The biggest change is still the new stacked sensor from Sony for the main camera. This update applies to all four models.

Reactions: MarkX
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.