Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
So now that has removed system wide ad blocking with the likes of Adguard in IOS 11, are there any other ways to do this?

Zoddino

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
So now that has removed system wide ad blocking with the likes of Adguard in IOS 11, are there any other ways to do this?

Actually it's still possible with Adguard to block ads by manually inserting dns and I think they'll improve this over time. I don't know why it's buggy for me at the moment, it sometimes prevents my wireless and mobile data from working properly but i'm on iOS 11 beta so I can't be sure it is something about that.

I suggest you keeping an eye on this discussion as Adguard developers themselves keep us updated on this evolution

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-that-work-in-third-party-apps.2056730/page-1

Reactions: MarkX

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
Actually it's still possible with Adguard to block ads by manually inserting dns and I think they'll improve this over time. I don't know why it's buggy for me at the moment, it sometimes prevents my wireless and mobile data from working properly but i'm on iOS 11 beta so I can't be sure it is something about that.

I suggest you keeping an eye on this discussion as Adguard developers themselves keep us updated on this evolution

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-that-work-in-third-party-apps.2056730/page-1

Thanks for the info

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Adguard has been working for me with PB3-6.

The only issue is that when I turn it off in Safari settings and then back on, it fails to activate. So my steps of turning it back on are:

Close Safari
Open Adguard app, check for filter updates, close Adguard app
Reopen Safari

Otherwise still as usable as ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: nfl46
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.