Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poundman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
I have OCLP and Monterey 12.7.3 running on my macpro 5,1. What is the proper settings for SIP. See attached what I have at the moment. Should I run crsutil enable in recovery mode, or does OC require some settings to be disabled? Thanks.

Also, with OCLP, what is AMD GOP injection? I have recently patch to EnableGOP. Do I need to enable his AMD GOP injection?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpeg
    IMG_0366.jpeg
    289.8 KB · Views: 100

startergo

macrumors 601
Sep 20, 2018
What a waste of a half an hour. And there is nothing related to the question for "AMD GOP Injection"
- Add support for AMD GOP injection (AMDGOP.efi)
- For MXM iMacs and Mac Pros with GPU VBIOS lacking GOP support (ie. no UEFI output even after OC loads)

Enabling SIP​

For many users, SIP will be lowered by default on build. For Intel HD 4000 users, you may have noticed that SIP is partially disabled. This is to ensure full compatibility with macOS Monterey and allow seamless booting between it and older OSes. However for users who do not plan to boot Monterey, you can re-enable under Patcher Settings.

Note: Machines running macOS Ventura or systems with non-Metal GPUs cannot enable SIP outright, due to having a patched root volume. Enabling it will brick the installation.

Going forward with 0.6.6, SIP settings can be accessed from the Security tab shown in the images.

SIP EnabledSIP Lowered (Root Patching)SIP Disabled
OCLP-GUI-Settings-SIP-Enabled.f95aadf0.png
OCLP-GUI-Settings-SIP-Root-Patch.b983af09.png
OCLP-GUI-Settings-SIP-Disabled.960a27d1.png
WARNING
If you're unsure whether you should enable SIP, leave it as-is. Systems where you have already ran the Post Install Root Patching cannot enable SIP without potentially breaking the current install.

Last edited:

poundman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
What a waste of a half an hour. And there is nothing related to the question for "AMD GOP Injection"

Enabling SIP​

For many users, SIP will be lowered by default on build. For Intel HD 4000 users, you may have noticed that SIP is partially disabled. This is to ensure full compatibility with macOS Monterey and allow seamless booting between it and older OSes. However for users who do not plan to boot Monterey, you can re-enable under Patcher Settings.

Note: Machines running macOS Ventura or systems with non-Metal GPUs cannot enable SIP outright, due to having a patched root volume. Enabling it will brick the installation.

Going forward with 0.6.6, SIP settings can be accessed from the Security tab shown in the images.

SIP EnabledSIP Lowered (Root Patching)SIP Disabled
OCLP-GUI-Settings-SIP-Enabled.f95aadf0.png
OCLP-GUI-Settings-SIP-Root-Patch.b983af09.png
OCLP-GUI-Settings-SIP-Disabled.960a27d1.png
WARNING
If you're unsure whether you should enable SIP, leave it as-is. Systems where you have already ran the Post Install Root Patching cannot enable SIP without potentially breaking the current install.

Thanks, I am currently at the SIP lowered settings with Monterey. I will leave it as is since it is working

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.