Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
With the developer beta preview release and iOS 8, will I be able to use this feature right away? Mostly interested in the ability to place and receive phone calls on my Mac and also the ability to send and receive traditional SMS messages straight from iMessage app.

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
I think it might require Bluetooth LE. At least I can't for the life of me get Handoff going on a mid-2009 macbook pro. (I've installed iOS 8 on an iPad so no phone usage).

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I think it might require Bluetooth LE. At least I can't for the life of me get Handoff going on a mid-2009 macbook pro. (I've installed iOS 8 on an iPad so no phone usage).

Yeah, something is funky with it. I see my Mac Air in bluetooth and vice versa, my Air sees my iPhone 5 but when I try to connect it says, "Unsuccessful, make sure the Macbook Air is on and in range" meanwhile the two are right next to each other.

BBuff

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2011
Same here

Yeah, something is funky with it. I see my Mac Air in bluetooth and vice versa, my Air sees my iPhone 5 but when I try to connect it says, "Unsuccessful, make sure the Macbook Air is on and in range" meanwhile the two are right next to each other.

adziedzic78

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
handoff failure..

Same happens to me with MBA 2013 and iPhone 5.. however I found that if I try to make the bluetooth connection with my iPhone to my mac book air it connects fine.. then on my Mac bluetooth I see a strange bluetooth connection that is not my iPhone or at least it doesn't seem to think it is.. it says 4418-9b-a6-dd-5d and shows as a connected device? Handoff still does not work at this point either.. so no luck there.. any ideas?

rmm123

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
Continuity and Handoff

Have a 2012 rMBP and iPhone 5s on 10.10 and ios8

Airdrop works fine but Continuity and Handoff - nothing. First thing I noted was the 5s and rMBP can't connect via Bluetooth - so could this be the issue?.

The only other issue is my iPAD 3 does not have Pano in the camera but I am impressed by the exposure control - that was a long time coming.

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Have a 2012 rMBP and iPhone 5s on 10.10 and ios8

Airdrop works fine but Continuity and Handoff - nothing. First thing I noted was the 5s and rMBP can't connect via Bluetooth - so could this be the issue?.

The only other issue is my iPAD 3 does not have Pano in the camera but I am impressed by the exposure control - that was a long time coming.

These features might not be fully implemented into DP1, just as Dark Mode has not been added yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.