Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EEzycade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
In a world so often polluted with the negative news cycle, complaining, and ungrateful people, I believe expressing gratitude is vitally important. At least to me, gratitude means being content with what you have.

I'm thankful for the means to buy this computer I'm typing this on. For a wheelchair that gives me mobility. For the electricity that gives it power along with all my other medical equipment. For the water that comes out of my sink everyday. For the water heater that gives me comfortable showers. For my family. My friends. For my faith. I'm thankful for all of you who answer questions and make me laugh with your sarcastic roasts of Apple. What are you thankful for? I invite everyone to reply with one or more things they are thankful for. Let's see how many replies we can get. Please, no off topic or snide remarks. Thanks.

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
My family, especially its recent addition (baby sister). Close friends, and other positive people in life. My job. The means to have traveled the world and seen how others live. America. Personal and economic freedoms.

AppleCare+.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Having gone without electricity, water, phone and Internet for days at a time due to Nature being a Mother...:mad: I'm grateful for all the things I take for granted on a daily basis.

As Willy the Bard so eloquently put it:
“For it falls out
That what we have we prize not to the worth
Whiles we enjoy it, but being lacked and lost,
Why, then we rack the value, then we find
The virtue that possession would not show us
While it was ours.”

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
I am thankful for everyone and every organization that works for the public good and not their own benefit or agenda. People who provide free information and services like Wikipedia, VLC, online tutorials, answering questions, PiHole, ProtonMail, TOR, Mozilla, EFF, doctors without borders...

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Our students are having a little Thanskgiving gathering (sans roast turkey) here in the classroom. Pies are on the way. Grateful to have survived my potentially fatal illness almost two years ago, for my family, my friends, especially those who are family, my current job even with its headaches, and for hope.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I’m thankful for a comfortable, interesting life, far from perfect, but far from absolutely miserable, overall a positive experience with a few valued personal and family relationships, to share the experience with, without undue suffering, and having plenty of time to wonder what’s next.

In the wide spectrum of possible human circumstances, I realize just how fortunate I am in the big picture. I really appreciate self awareness and the ability to experience this reality while pondering, the meaning of this existence, my life, if there is any. No, this does not trouble me, it is an experience to cherish.

Now, if given the choice to repeat this experience, what would I decide? That’s hard to say! ?;)

Also of note, I’m also grateful for my many interactions with fellow souls here in the MacRumors Community, which is my primary outlet to spill my guts online, regularly. ?

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Have a lot to be thankful for this year. Probably one of my best years career wise. Thankful I have a great job, recently got promoted. Thankful for my family, health, and the amazing people in my life.

user_xyz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2018
In a world so often polluted with the negative news cycle, complaining, and ungrateful people, I believe expressing gratitude is vitally important. At least to me, gratitude means being content with what you have.

I'm thankful for the means to buy this computer I'm typing this on. For a wheelchair that gives me mobility. For the electricity that gives it power along with all my other medical equipment. For the water that comes out of my sink everyday. For the water heater that gives me comfortable showers. For my family. My friends. For my faith. I'm thankful for all of you who answer questions and make me laugh with your sarcastic roasts of Apple. What are you thankful for? I invite everyone to reply with one or more things they are thankful for. Let's see how many replies we can get. Please, no off topic or snide remarks. Thanks.

I'm grateful for Everything!!

"Happy is he who wants what he has" ?

And most of all:
I'm grateful to my Lord Jesus Christ for walking with me and picking me up when I fall-Which is alot!!

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm grateful for my family, friends, freedom and memories. Grateful for the time I had with my father who recently passed. He lived a good life, a full life. While I've always appreciated my parents, I find myself admiring them both more and more for what they've accomplished individually and together. 56 years of marriage. That in of itself is amazing to me.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Decent fibre is high on my list.
As is distance from schools (the further the better!).
Distance from neighbors (as above!).

Well, as someone who likes my space and privacy, I can empathise.

I'm grateful for my family, friends, freedom and memories. Grateful for the time I had with my father who recently passed. He lived a good life, a full life. While I've always appreciated my parents, I find myself admiring them both more and more for what they've accomplished individually and together. 56 years of marriage. That in of itself is amazing to me.

I can relate to this post, as I have had similar thoughts about my parents over the past year.

My parents had 45 very good years together as a married couple (well, my father passed away one month short of their 45th wedding anniversary, about which he had already issued instructions to me) and, obviously, had been a couple for a few years before that again.

They were friends, partners, - one another's greatest support - as well as lovers and parents.

I think that I can honestly say that my mother - who passed away last December, almost a year ago, now - never fully recovered from the death of my father.

Reactions: staggerlee41
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.