Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I like Starlight, Midnight and Clay.

I've bought several straps, in the above mentioned colourways.

What are your favourite colours?

bricktop_at

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2017
My prefs ;-)

1707249091499.png

• Love
Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
BT, how tight do you have your Sport Band?

I'm only used to solos & BSLs which are, in my opinion, the most comfortable straps.

You almost forget you're wearing anything.

The sport bands are either a bit too tight, or too loose.

Edit: Think I've found the right size, now. I put it in the next size hole, and when the "tail" goes in it secures things nicely.

Last edited:

bricktop_at

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2017
BT, how tight do you have your Sport Band?

I'm only used to solos & BSLs which are, in my opinion, the most comfortable straps.

You almost forget you're wearing anything.

The sport bands are either a bit too tight, or too loose.

Edit: Think I've found the right size, now. I put it in the next size hole, and when the "tail" goes in it secures things nicely.
Yep, I also prefer the BSLs by miles in terms of comfort - I can wear Size 6 and 7 (6 a bit tighter but not uncomfortably so). I can't really say in which hole I put the pin on my SBs.... if it wiggles too much I tighten it for a hole and that's it basically - but I've not worn one in a couple of months

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

nnc

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2023
My favorites are blue and green. More specifically, Abyss Blue Sport Band and Inverness Green Sport Loop. They are versatile colors. I have others, but none are as versatile, other than the boring Starlight Sport Band which came with the Starlight watch.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
My favorites are blue and green. More specifically, Abyss Blue Sport Band and Inverness Green Sport Loop. They are versatile colors. I have others, but none are as versatile, other than the boring Starlight Sport Band which came with the Starlight watch.
To me, blue is ok, but it has to be navy.

I have the Sprout Green solo, but I’m not a green person.

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
My preferences are greyish, neutrals/brown and purple tones.

After wearing the same Hyper Grape Sport Loop almost every day for 5 years on an S4, despite owning a number of other Apple bands I simply never bothered changing them out.

Now that I have both an Ultra 2 and freshly replaced S7 Titanium, I find myself switching watches and bands more frequently. While I am enjoying collecting more bands but still find myself locking in to favorites.

The perfect sized BSL is hard to beat and right now the Sport band is fitting me perfectly on the S7.

I really want a grey or neutral Sport Loop like Spruce Fog, Storm Grey or Obsidian Mist or even a Lilac, but struggling to find those.
My sport loops are either roasted, don’t match my new watches or are missing.

Reactions: bmac4

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
3e305a3ff9b40ffc46baf1d5bb9751f1.jpg

Pretty much knew this, but I am a sport loop fan and the color black. Mainly just for the comfort. The style is fine, but I would prefer my SSSB link bracelet for anything more formal. I have been enjoying the black Nike sport loop with reflective fibers a lot, as well as the Hyper Grape. Probably my most used is the newish midnight sport loop. The solid color is my favorite.

Can’t wear sport bands much, I am between holes and the loose one flops everywhere, and the smaller hole is tight and leaves a rash on my arm. Wish I could wear them though. I don’t think Apple offers enough holes on the sport bands. Well not enough close together.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
3e305a3ff9b40ffc46baf1d5bb9751f1.jpg

Pretty much knew this, but I am a sport loop fan and the color black. Mainly just for the comfort. The style is fine, but I would prefer my SSSB link bracelet for anything more formal. I have been enjoying the black Nike sport loop with reflective fibers a lot, as well as the Hyper Grape. Probably my most used is the newish midnight sport loop. The solid color is my favorite.

Can’t wear sport bands much, I am between holes and the loose one flops everywhere, and the smaller hole is tight and leaves a rash on my arm. Wish I could wear them though. I don’t think Apple offers enough holes on the sport bands. Well not enough close together.
I‘m also in between sizes, re the Sport Band.

Shame, as I really like the latest Nike variants.

Oh, well. Guess I’ll have to wear some of my other relatively vast collection!

Wishing you well.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I‘m also in between sizes, re the Sport Band.

Shame, as I really like the latest Nike variants.

Oh, well. Guess I’ll have to wear some of my other relatively vast collection!

Wishing you well.

Thanks! I actually got the orange Ocean Band, and I went with a tad loser, and it’s actually working out great so far. I can still tighten it for sports and water activities, so I hope this last!

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Thanks! I actually got the orange Ocean Band, and I went with a tad loser, and it’s actually working out great so far. I can still tighten it for sports and water activities, so I hope this last!
I’m just watching a video about the orange sherbet solo.

Considering it.

This strap collection thing is a serious addiction!

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I thought you wanted to show me that the Braided Loops are in their own category 😉

Anyway: Congrats on a nice collection!
Cheers, bud.

I used the app for the first time, and there’s a separate section for BSLs, when categorising what straps you have.

And it was showing the same collection (I did it on my iPad) regarding solos & BSLs, on my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.