Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you be purchasing the new Galaxy S10?

• Yes

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 66.7%

• Total voters

Exxhara

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2017
upload_2018-11-27_11-42-3.png

@Everythingapplepro guy just posted a sick render of the Samsung Galaxy S10 based on latest leaks! What are your thoughts on the upcoming changes?

My boyfriend and I were having a heated discussion about the future of Apple based on the latest leaks from Samsung. I have all Apple products and he has Android.

What do you think of the changes coming to their latest flagship??

Original video:

Reactions: dk001 and jamezr

kargurin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
They need to do something about battery life. Don't care about the bogus tests that never test real world usage, the big iPhones kill the Sammy flagships and it's by a big margin.

SquireSCA

Suspended
Dec 5, 2008
Atlanta, GA
If it looks like this, it will be awesome.

Samsung has made a public commitment to stepping up their game with more timely Android updates, so we will see...

The notch is stupid and was never a selling point, for anyone...

Reactions: stockscalper

Blaze4G

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2015
I'm not a big fan of Samsung curved screens or their UI. But I must say, the leaks have been impressive.

SquireSCA

Suspended
Dec 5, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Point is, many of us use both platforms extensively, and can be objective about them, versus the other kind of user that just picked "one team" or the other and doesn't even know what the other can do... It's just not THEIR TEAM so it must be bad.

Vista took a lot of crap and most of it was purely anecdotal... People just going by outdated information or "what they heard", which was someone else usually just repeating outdated or incorrect information...

I used Vista and could never understand what people were complaining about, it worked fine...

Playing in both the Apple and Android camp for going on almost 10 years now, I see both sides of this and I see the fanboys that pick a side and they often have no idea that the other side has good things, sometimes even the things that they have been asking their side for, not realizing that the other team already has it...

Its amusing to watch at times, and in a weird way, fascinating...
[doublepost=1543347848][/doublepost]
I'm not a big fan of Samsung curved screens or their UI. But I must say, the leaks have been impressive.

Yeah, I don't like curved screens either, for the most part. Makes them harder to protect properly...

Blaze4G

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2015
Point is, many of us use both platforms extensively, and can be objective about them, versus the other kind of user that just picked "one team" or the other and doesn't even know what the other can do... It's just not THEIR TEAM so it must be bad.

Vista took a lot of crap and most of it was purely anecdotal... People just going by outdated information or "what they heard", which was someone else usually just repeating outdated or incorrect information...

I used Vista and could never understand what people were complaining about, it worked fine...

Playing in both the Apple and Android camp for going on almost 10 years now, I see both sides of this and I see the fanboys that pick a side and they often have no idea that the other side has good things, sometimes even the things that they have been asking their side for, not realizing that the other team already has it...

Its amusing to watch at times, and in a weird way, fascinating...
[doublepost=1543347848][/doublepost]

Yeah, I don't like curved screens either, for the most part. Makes them harder to protect properly...
Agreed. I hate seeing those screen protectors that only cover the flat part of the curved screen.

SquireSCA

Suspended
Dec 5, 2008
Atlanta, GA
It will keep the Android haters around here VERY busy they will be here even more than they are now.

This design is making me look more forward to the Note10.

Yeah, I mean, the Apple fanatics are making it all about small bezels... And then BAM. Samsung drops a phone that not only has smaller bezels, but does it without that ugly notch...

Now we will see them claim how bezels aren't that big of a deal and talk down a true edge to edge AMOLED display... At least until the iPhone 12 comes out copying Samsungs display, like they did with copying the Note phones, and then they will shout from the mountaintops about how Apple is such an innovator...

It's amazing how so few Apple fans can give credit where credit is due... Android fans like myself not only give Apple credit where due, but we also buy their products...

I guess that's the difference between being a fan of tech, versus being a fan of a brand... Being a fan of tech lets you go back and forth across the aisle, wherever the tech takes you... Being a fan of a brand, is more of a lifestyle choice or like picking a sports team, and so the person feels obligated to defend their "team" no matter how badly they mess up or drop the ball.

I find the former, a lot more flexible and liberating. :)

SquireSCA

Suspended
Dec 5, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I would be looking at the Note 10 instead.
Not saying I would get that however it will be on my "looking" list.

The Notes are amazing. The screen and camera are stellar, and having the pen that tucks into the phone is very cool, for those that like a stylus. I typically don't need that, but its still cool...

Reactions: dk001

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Overkill for a lot of people who don't need more than an iPod with calling capability. It's like people wasting money on a computer only to watch Netflix and surf Facebook.

Reactions: iSilas and Tsepz

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
I'll be a Note 10 candidate, so no S10 for me but no doubt I'll think about it if it's all it's cracked up to be.

Reactions: dk001

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Known click bait YouTube channel anyway so not worth wasting your time. Just wait for the real unveiling in a few months.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
If Apple were releasing that exact design MacRumors would go into meltdown with excitement. Instead the Apple faithful are bagging it and saying the notch looks better. Its really funny to watch actually. Samsung are doing it right imo, issue is they still won't sell as many units as Apple as they don't have the Apple logo on the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.