Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Awesomeness

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
I have an iPod touch 3G. I was originally planning to try and put iX on it, (an iOS breed of Ubuntu) but as it turns out, apparently no bootrom exploit exists for iPod Touch 3G.

So I jailbroke it anyway, with redsn0w (iOS 4.3.2) and so far all I've used it for is to run SNES9x with SMW2: Yoshi's Island.

What else can I do with it then?

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
It looks like u are pretty fluent in this area but I'll give a short very generalized list.

Themes
Toggles
other enhancements to put it the way u like
U can customize basically everything

Eh...

Awesomeness

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
Hm... Well is it possible to supply WiFi with an iPod Touch? I don't mean using phone service, I mean like redistributing an existing WiFi network. So for example, if I wanted my WiFi to reach just a little further I could put my iPod Touch at the edge of the covered WiFi area, and then use the WiFi network that the iPod now supplies. Does this make sense at all?

It's kind of like MyWi, except it uses another wireless network instead of cell service.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Maybe you should try some games that are actually optimized for iOS, instead of pirating some old games that don't work well on a touch screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.