Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kathyricks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
I didn't see the live presentation today because the "live streaming" didn't work half the time. If I go to the Apple Watch website all it tells me is about the Watch's cosmetics http://www.apple.com/watch/overview/?cid=wwa-us-kwm-watch-com

So I am left to conclude the Apple Watch is mostly a decoration and a heart beat monitor. I figure that the reason it's NOT called iWatch is because it can't do email, surf the web, etc. Very disappointing if it's little more than a $350.00 decoration.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
It can put thousands of app icons on a tiny screen at once, and you can easily zoom in and spend only several short hours scrolling in any direction to find the right app to open. Truly amazing and innovative. :apple:

PoppaKap

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
I want to know what it can do without the phone nearby and how far does the phone have to be to pair.

amundln

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2012
Macintosh: The computer for the rest of us
iPod: 1,000 songs in your pocket
iPhone: Phone + iPod + Communication device

Apple Watch: Apple’s Most Personal Device Ever.

I don't get this tagline. Personal in what way? Apple are usually good at defining what their products are. Now I'm a bit confused.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I want to know what it can do without the phone nearby and how far does the phone have to be to pair.

It uses bluetooth to pair, so it has to be fairly close, I'm not sure what the actual range on that is. As for what you can do with it without the phone I think it can just tell time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.