Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Ugh... don't like that one. But I really like my RooCase Origami.

RooCase Slimshell Origami

Same slim profile as the Poetic, but with the added benefit of a built-in stand for portrait as well.

Yeah I'll prolly get that too. Just I work on concrete so I ordered the 360 roocase. I like how it detaches too, along with the hand strap

Acevesx

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
I cut the front off the Poetic Slim Case and use the back with an Apple Smart Cover. Black on the back, and Red Smart Cover. A Perfect combination.

Curious how you did this? The apple Smart Cover is a little bit longer where the magnets meet the poetic case.. Would
Love to see pics of your setup as I thought of doing the same

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
just ordered one online and was wondering what you guys have, i plan on using it to read so i don't want to use the smart case to take on and off, was thinking of a smart cover and clear back so i can just snap off the cover when i want and the back and sides are still protected

I have a beige Smart Case. I love it but the buttons are firmer with the case on. I think I read one of your posts in another thread that you have a red Smart Case? I guess it will become easier overtime as the Case softens.

Last edited:

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
I have a beige Smart Case. I love it but the buttons are firmer with the case on. I think I read one of your posts in another thread that you have a red Smart Case? I guess it will become easier overtime as the Case softens.

I have the red smart cover. Skinomi full cover as well.

TheChrisBlaze

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2011
I'm using the Lifeproof Frē case. Although it isn't made specifically for the retina mini (no secondary mic cutout on the back) I still like it a lot. The screen protector isn't pillowy like the iPhone version. My only gripe is that it is difficult to remove, which hopefully is a testament to the durability of this case.

Bri in Mtl

macrumors member
May 29, 2013
I don't. I have an incase sleeve. But the device is naked!!

Same here. I have a Smart Cover and Smart case and both are in a drawer.
What I didn't like about the case is not being able to separate the cover from the back.

LeilaW

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2015
I don't have a iPad mini but I have a iPad Air2, and I use a Jisoncase genuine leather case to protect it.

anthorumor

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2009
Sydney, Australia
VersaCover – iPad mini 3 Stand Case with Origami Cover

This
Origami case with a very thin backing AND a magnet to hold it in place when fully flipped over.
Really liking it.
Not too many choices unfortunately in Australia

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
My favorite case by far is the zero chroma folio slide

I have an embarrassing number of cases for my mini. A few leather cases, a couple covers and a few folding type stand covers.

What typically happens is I keep changing off and on and then hit one case that I leave on for months.

This time, I settled on the Zerochroma folio slide.
http://www.zerochroma.com/collections/ipad-mini-1-2-and-3

A few features I like include:
Great variable stand for either landscape or portrait.
Very nice construction.
Cover folds back along the back very flat for one-handed reading.
Not too heavy.

gmintz09

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2015
This
Origami case with a very thin backing AND a magnet to hold it in place when fully flipped over.
Really liking it.
Not too many choices unfortunately in Australia

YES. Moshi's Versacover is fantastic. I have it for both my Mini 2 Retina and my iPad 3.

Last edited:

J.gerbes

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
I use Apple's Smart Case in Red. Its a simple, protective and fairly low profile case.

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
Smart Cover and nothing else. Don't really care about the back, and it's not an issue anyways as there isn't a scratch on it, despite me using it at work all day every day

terriyaki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2005
Vancouver
I've got the Leather Smart Case and a Smart Cover for my rMini.

When I first got the rMini I was really into babying it so the Smart Case got way more use. Now that I don't baby it as much anymore I pretty much exclusively use it with the Smart Cover.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.