Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Hello again!

Not being a big fan of iPhones, I am the proud owner of a Motorola DEFY. But out of the blue, an acquataince wants to sell her iPhone 5 for a very attractive price. Main concern for me is durability, because I am a not so careful person. My DEFY had suffered two big drops, one deep water (half a meter or so) excursion and two beach sand travels. So, I am willing to invest $100-200 in a case that endures my errands and particular behaviour (as a matter of speak) if pull the trigger and buys the iPhone. And so, there is the burning question: What case, in my budget or no....:eek:

:):apple:

Last edited:

ducati1198r

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2013
Hi phoenixsan! i suggest you try Tech21 or Element Sector5, plus spigen glas Tr. I'm using it and you will like it for sure :)

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Hi phoenixsan! i suggest you try Tech21 or Element Sector5, plus spigen glas Tr. I'm using it and you will like it for sure :)

Ok, being an iPhone neophite, I am dont know nothing about brands or the same. So maybe a link to the brands you suggest can help me. Or better, some idea about how much $$ to invest if using your suggestion.:D

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Ok, being an iPhone neophite, I am dont know nothing about brands or the same. So maybe a link to the brands you suggest can help me. Or better, some idea about how much $$ to invest if using your suggestion.:D

The combination that the poster above you quoted will run you about $200.00 when its is all said and done with shipping and all:eek:

http://www.elementcase.com/Sector-5-iPhone-Case-a/302.htm

http://www.spigen.com/iphone-5-screen-protector-glas-tr-premium-tempered-glass-series.html

johns019

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2011

Do you have the spigen glas on the Element sector 5?
I couldn't find the element on spigen's compatability chart.
Thanks!

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Lol....!

If you don't plan to submerge it in water anymore, the Spigen Slim Armor Case should be sufficient.

If you intend to check your Facebook while snorkeling though, you'd be better of with a LifeProof frē.

Appreciate the joke....:D And no, no plans on checking Facebook underwater. But some adult material can be compelling.....:eek:;):D

Seriously, I will check the link.....

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
New iPhone user....!

Yet I fully loves the Element 5 concept (not the originally suggested, but the Black Ops Case) I was sold in the LifeProof products with their protection. So sold into that I bought a LifeJacket Float and a Belt Clip for the Fre case. So thanks Giuly for the very useful advice. And for saving me a little bit. And yes, bought the iPhone (just telling if I not was obvious enough.....:D)

So thanks again everyone that posted and gave me suggestions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.