Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I use the Belkin Boost Pro, which offers fast charging for both Apple Watch and iPhone, and regular charging for AirPods.

How about you?

IMG_0218.JPG

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Looks clean and match well the rest of the squad. Not moves around as it looks heavy?

Edit: nevermind actually there is no thread about docks itself :d

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Looks clean and match well the rest of the squad. Not moves around as it looks heavy?

Edit: nevermind actually there is no thread about docks itself :d
It actually does have a bit of weight to it.

I believe it has to be like that, as the iPhone lays flat on it, and the magnets are quite strong.

As I place my iPhone on the charger, it literally “grabs” it into the correct position.

It’s a nice dock, and charges quickly.

Reactions: addamas

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Belkin 3-in-1 dock.
6562b1e844acf3743936912e30e655a1.jpg
I had to return three of these (got the white version) as they never held the watch in the correct position.

I’d place my watch on the charger, and it would “swivel” round. I got two from Amazon, and one from Apple, in case it was a faulty batch. When I returned the one from Apple, I actually tried yet another one, and the same issue persisted.

Maybe it’s something to do with the weight of my SS watch?

If that’s so, that’s a pretty big oversight on Belkin’s part.

I’m actually thinking of trying again, when iOS 17 releases, for the nightstand feature.

I’m assuming your watch is aluminium? Have you noticed this flaw at all?

Jamie's_Tech

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2021
I had to return three of these (got the white version) as they never held the watch in the correct position.

I’d place my watch on the charger, and it would “swivel” round. I got two from Amazon, and one from Apple, in case it was a faulty batch. When I returned the one from Apple, I actually tried yet another one, and the same issue persisted.

Maybe it’s something to do with the weight of my SS watch?

If that’s so, that’s a pretty big oversight on Belkin’s part.

I’m actually thinking of trying again, when iOS 17 releases, for the nightstand feature.

I’ve used mine with an ultra and an aluminium, both watches have rotated but it doesn’t bother me. They all charge perfectly no matter the orientation

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I’ve used mine with an ultra and an aluminium, both watches have rotated but it doesn’t bother me. They all charge perfectly no matter the orientation
Don’t you find it jarry, though?

You have to admit, it’s a huge oversight.

Jamie's_Tech

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2021
Don’t you find it jarry, though?

You have to admit, it’s a huge oversight.
To be honest, it possibly did at first but not any more. I wear my ultra for 23.5 hours a day, I only charge it whilst I shower so hardly see it as an issue these days. When I used to leave my aluminium to charge overnight, maybe more so.

I assume the watches centre of gravity’s aren’t slap bang in the middle due to the Digital Crown, which is more so on the ultra due to the bulge around the action button too. Not sure how Belkin could stop it, with a stronger magnet maybe?

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
To be honest, it possibly did at first but not any more. I wear my ultra for 23.5 hours a day, I only charge it whilst I shower so hardly see it as an issue these days. When I used to leave my aluminium to charge overnight, maybe more so.

I assume the watches centre of gravity’s aren’t slap bang in the middle due to the Digital Crown, which is more so on the ultra due to the bulge around the action button too. Not sure how Belkin could stop it, with a stronger magnet maybe?
I reckon a stronger magnet would do it.

Still can’t believe it passed QC, though.

Even Dan’s review, here on MacRumors, showed the same issue.

It would drive me nuts, so I decided to go with the flat version. It’s a shame, as I really like the design.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
You are right in that my watch does swivel to either side depending on how I place it onto the charging dock. I always assumed it was just part of the dock being circular with no catch to hold it in place, and never thought anything of it until you pointed it out. I can't really unsee it now, but it doesn't really bug me either.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
You are right in that my watch does swivel to either side depending on how I place it onto the charging dock. I always assumed it was just part of the dock being circular with no catch to hold it in place, and never thought anything of it until you pointed it out. I can't really unsee it now, but it doesn't really bug me either.
It’s a design flaw, and shouldn’t have passed QC.

A stronger magnet, and a more grippy material should have been used.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
I noticed my Ultra swivels too. It annoyed me for about 15 seconds but I’m fine with it now. I am also very bad at getting my phone positioned correctly so the magnets will take, despite owning two of these and using them for virtually 100% of my charging lol. Otherwise it’s a great charger and I love how it looks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.