Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Select as many as you like: Which non-Pro iPhone 16 colors would be interesting to you?

• (PRODUCT)Red

• Light Blue (Non-Pastel)

• Dark Blue

• Light Green (Non-Pastel)

• Dark Green

• Gold

• Light Purple (Non-Pastel)

• Dark Purple

• Pink (Non-Pastel)

• Silver

• Rose Gold

• Midnight

• Space Grey

• Black

• Coral/Orange

Results are only viewable after voting.

tcatsninfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2022
I'm specifically referring to the non-Pro iPhone 16, but feel free to discuss either one. I know that Apple was using this new method of infusing color into the back glass itself, but I was very disappointed with the non-Pro iPhone 15 color lineup this year. They are way too light and pastel in nature, so much so that they looked white in many YouTubers' preview/review videos. Additionally, the 15 was the first time in many years that there was no (PRODUCT)Red color option.

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

tuanlouis

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2020
For the iPhone Pro line up, I have a feeling that they will make something different. You know it is currently not possible to coat the titanium frame whatever color they want. So I think they'll consider keep the white titanium frame while making difference in back glass colors, just like iPhone 4. And they'll call it a dual-tone iPhone. And they think you're going to love it.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
I'm specifically referring to the non-Pro iPhone 16, but feel free to discuss either one. I know that Apple was using this new method of infusing color into the back glass itself, but I was very disappointed with the non-Pro iPhone 15 color lineup this year. They are way too light and pastel in nature, so much so that they looked white in many YouTubers' preview/review videos. Additionally, the 15 was the first time in many years that there was no (PRODUCT)Red color option.

I think the new ‘metallic ion’ gibberish technique used to infuse the colour into the glass could be a limitation on colours that aren’t black this year.

As for the 16, I hope we get darker non-black colours. I suppose we will get dark versions of green, blue and a version of red.

Reactions: tcatsninfan

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Pantone-color-of-the-year-Peach-Fuzz.jpeg

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

Flash1420

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2022
As long there is a white or silver color then I am fine. When I mean white, I don't mean warm or off-white colors.

tcatsninfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2022
I think the new ‘metallic ion’ gibberish technique used to infuse the colour into the glass could be a limitation on colours that aren’t black this year.

As for the 16, I hope we get darker non-black colours. I suppose we will get dark versions of green, blue and a version of red.
I agree! I think the dark green and blue colors they've released are great. The dark green iPhone 13 might be my top iPhone color of all time. About Product(RED), it depends on the shade they use. I prefer it to be a darker, crimson kind of red instead of a fire engine kind of red.

Reactions: Al Rukh

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Disappointed with the colours of the non Pro 15 models. Not sure where Apple can go from here. Colours cannot get any lighter. One option is Apple maintains the colours of the 15 for the 16 models. But I really hope Apple brings back bright colours. It should be at least as bright as the iPhone 11 models. Will be great to see iPhone XR colours.

As for the colours, personally I would like to see a bright pink, coral/orange colour, purple or even rose gold.

For the Pro models, I expect Apple to maintain Black,White and Natural Titanium going forward. Apple will replace the Blue Titanium with a new colour. Coating the titanium frame is difficult but would like to see a red Pro model.

Lakris

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2020
Norway
Personally I was a little disappointed with the color of the iPhone 14- the purple one is very light and pastel, not at all like the very nice shade the 12 had. I didn't notice the other colors, I'm too focused on the purple one on the 14-series. 😅 Now I have a 15pro and I love the blue one, but I really liked the purple on the 14pro. I too think the new colors are too pastel, I like colors a bit more colorful?

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
Still waiting for a burnt orange/ copper option… maybe one day!

Reactions: ab2c4
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.