Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcaccount

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2013
Hello,
I have created and automation and I have two iPhones (job1 and job2) with the same Apple ID three ore with the same automation under HomeKit.

My doubt if following, is there a way to choose what device trigges the automation?

Otherwise once the condition that triggers the action is set, the automation is triggered twice.

Thanks for helping, dan

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Settings > Apple ID (your own name at the top) > iCloud > Share My Location (at the bottom) > From "this device". Tap the "from" to choose your device that determines your location. That device will also be used in HomeKit.

My iPhone is in Dutch so I translated myself, might be slightly different.

Reactions: dcaccount

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I’m probably misunderstanding you but once an automation is triggered it’s done anyway. Even if it was a thing if you tell it to do the same thing twice nothing is really going to happen.

Keep in mind automations are a single action. So for example it sets the thermostat to 72 and turns on the foyer light on arrival. To undo that is a separate leave automation.

But like mentioned you are linked to your AppleID and you pick which device you use. It’s not much different than having an iPhone and iPad which many people do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.