Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2015
I've posted this over in the HomePods to the specific issue, but this also seems to impact the ability in setup from the iPhone XS Max in setup and streaming from just about any iOS device running 12.2.

The devices show up in HomeKit as a stereo pair with 12.2. But when you talk to them as I have 3 stereo pairs they do not operate as a pair. Equally as so, I can change the volume on one and the pair operate and show with different volumes.

I'll preface this with hard resets have been done multiple times, network restarted, re setup as a stereo pair, as individual units and then paired etc. Apple engineering has this now but my confidence in Apple is kinda waning over the last week with the mess that 12.2 has been and everything else.

Considering trying to upgrade to 12.3 and reset these HomePods again even though they will be on 12.2 still in the hopes there is a component within 12.3 that will address the setup issues occurring currently. I've noted 12.2 betas were rock solid and the final public release has been awful. I just need palm rejection to be addressed before trusting 12.3 and Mac OS 10.14.5.

Thoughts on how to get these playing nicely again as I've already done extensive searching online w/out luck and I also work in IT so I'm not a dunce at working with this stuff just to aid in providing a little background.

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
hard resets have been done multiple times, network restarted, re setup as a stereo pair, as individual units and then paired etc.
You’ve done literally everything I can think of. I had a problem with my HomePods not functioning as a pair and resetting my router solved the issue for me.

Contact Apple Support an they may ask you to install a special profile on your device that gathers debug information.

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2015
Thanks, apple already pushed the gathering request through my analytics app and I accepted. So they have everything.

Another suggested deleting and creating a new home profile. May try this.

Reactions: danmart
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.