Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zhtfreak

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2021
Any creative ones?

Back in the iPod era Apple had a gallery of examples on their website to get people inspired when they wanted to do the free engraving. I always thought they were really clever.

My 5th gen iPod Classic and my 3rd gen iPod Touch I just went boring and put my name on them (they were both Christmas gifts). I put "AwesomePods" on my AirPods Pro case.

I would've put something similar on my AirPods Max if I had bought from Apple, but got them at a heck of a discount from Best Buy.

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
I bought us new iPad Pros for our 20th anniversary and engraved them with our names and 20th Anniversary. Engraved the pencils with our first names. Sadly, we both managed to lose the original pencils and had to have my wife’s iPad replaced due to a charging issue. AC+ covered the replacement but they couldn’t do the engraving unless she wanted to wait to get it.

Reactions: zhtfreak

zhtfreak

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2021
That's cool! I had my 5th gen iPod Classic replaced in-store because of an HD failure, so only had the engraved one for a couple months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.