Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AVP display appearance size:

• Small

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Medium

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Large

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Extra Large

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
I don’t remember picking a size but was pretty excited when I first got the device home from the Apple Store so if you’re presented with default options during the device setup or if defaults are set and you have to go in and change them afterward on your own then I’m working with whatever the default options are.

Where do you go to make adjustments? It looks to me like you can adjust text size from within the Settings app in either the Display section or the Accessibility section but I’ve never really looked in either of those sections to see what you can and can’t adjust as whatever settings I’m using are working just fine for me … or I don’t know any better yet :) ….

Last edited:

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
I was on small for a long time but realized it was very difficult to create large windows or large TV/movie screens because it gimps the maximum window size (and IMO it's far too small when watching stuff in Apple TV unless you go to a dedicated theater environment which also is not ideal), so I recently switched back to large and have stayed there.

I also found that some apps totally break in small (Polycam being one) because devs haven't fully accounted for it yet as it changes the dimensions of volumes which isn't well known yet.

Where do you go to make adjustments?

Settings/Display/Appearance. This is a separate thing to text size, and is more akin to the "More Space" option on Macs where the whole UI scales up and down.

Reactions: Macaholic868

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
I've been using Medium. But decided the other day to go with Small - my reason for selecting it. Tend to have many apps open. They were pretty big when I pushed them away. Funny thing about that - went outside with my VP on and looked back at my house. A couple of the apps were floating above my house.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.