Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadyJemima

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2019
I have no way of knowing how much memory this thing has ... typed in the Apple Serial # and all it said was Late 2014. It's marked "Model A1347, EMC 2840. Contains FCC ID: QDS-BRCM1069 and IC: 4324A, Rated 100-240V, 50-60Gz, 1.5 A, CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3(B)."

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Go to one of the sites that provides a lookup for Apple serial numbers, such as everymac.com
Enter your serial number to do a search (enter where it says "Enter Mac or Apple Device Identifier: )
The search will show how your 2014 mini shipped.
And, that will then show how much RAM is installed. There's no (convenient) way to upgrade (the RAM is soldered in place), so you have what that lookup reports...

shakopeemn

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2014
I have no way of knowing how much memory this thing has ... typed in the Apple Serial # and all it said was Late 2014. It's marked "Model A1347, EMC 2840. Contains FCC ID: QDS-BRCM1069 and IC: 4324A, Rated 100-240V, 50-60Gz, 1.5 A, CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3(B)."

ASK YOUR ’FRIEND’.

• Haha
Reactions: EmlynDewar

LadyJemima

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2019
Go to one of the sites that provides a lookup for Apple serial numbers, such as everymac.com
Enter your serial number to do a search (enter where it says "Enter Mac or Apple Device Identifier: )
The search will show how your 2014 mini shipped.
And, that will then show how much RAM is installed. There's no (convenient) way to upgrade (the RAM is soldered in place), so you have what that lookup reports...
Thank you, that worked. I appreciate the helpful answer.

I listed it on eBay and someone wants to know the serial number. Should that be shared? (Sorry, I'm not super tech savvy. Just helping my best friend sell some of her stuff before she moves).

Jhonjhon236

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2022
Thank you, that worked. I appreciate the helpful answer.

I listed it on eBay and someone wants to know the serial number. Should that be shared? (Sorry, I'm not super tech savvy. Just helping my best friend sell some of her stuff before she moves).
I wouldn’t worry too much. Personally I take pictures and list the serial number in the desc. Probably just wants to do check specs and whatnot. I usually do the same because there have been times where I bou something listed as one thing and actually having a lower end/older model which could be seen by a serial number.

Reactions: LadyJemima
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.