Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Selling my 4S and want to make sure there are no issues for new owner....just turn on Find my iPhone and reset all settings? What deactivates activation lock? Thanks.

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
Selling my 4S and want to make sure there are no issues for new owner....just turn on Find my iPhone and reset all settings? What deactivates activation lock? Thanks.

Turn OFF Find my IPhone. You need to enter your password to do this. Then they can restore the phone without your help.

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Are you selling it to a friend or a stranger? Also in person or online? If online, I'd recommend making a spare iTunes account still locked to icloud. To keep your self safe from scammers to say they never received anything. Just leave a note for them with phone to contact you when they receive the phone and you can provide password to clear it.

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
Are you selling it to a friend or a stranger? Also in person or online? If online, I'd recommend making a spare iTunes account still locked to icloud. To keep your self safe from scammers to say they never received anything. Just leave a note for them with phone to contact you when they receive the phone and you can provide password to clear it.

That's pretty clever!

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US

IIRC one word responses are against the rules but I gotta say it: Genius! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.