Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you most want to see in the next iPhone?

• Water resistance

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Ability to add songs without iTunes

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Wireless charging

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Longer battery life

Votes: 84 55.6%
  • Other (post a comment)

Votes: 20 13.2%

• Total voters

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2015
Longer battery life, and 1080p resolution on both models.

there is seriously no need for 2k screens on anything less than 5.6 and up screens. unless you want garbage battery life.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
Lighter weight
Squared edges
Flush camera
Less yellow in the gold (similar to 5/5S)
Less pink in the rose gold (similar to real rose gold)

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Apparently it would kill Apple, affect their sales, ruin their image, damage the purity of the iPhone to have it 1mm thicker in order to have better battery life :>

They'll increase the thickness for 3d touch, but not for longer battery life?
Raise your hand if you'd rather have 3d touch over longer battery life. No one? Anyone?

Aston441

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
How about moving the power button to Shinkarm someplace other than opposite the volume button.

Endless daily frustration, as i knew it would be after a similar lousy experience with a Windows Mobile phone a decade earlier.

Seriously, what design idiot thought that would be a good idea? Even more perplexing to me is that it made it past round one of prototype testing.

Edit:. also, I would like Apple to improve autocorrect to where it does not think that Shinkarm is ever an appropriate replacement word.

Reactions: 5105973

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I want them to eliminate the 3.5mm headphone jack so I'll feel less inclined to upgrade again and actually keep my 6s for 2-3 years. ;)

What I'd like to see in the next iphone I buy though, is...

a slightly larger screen on the regular iPhone size. Squeeze a 5"-5.2" screen on a body roughly the same size, or a little bigger than the 6/6s.

Give me OIS as standard in ALL the current iPhones, not just the Plus.

Give us 20-25% more battery life in the standard iPhone. Seriously, the 6s battery currently is almost enough, but falls short on some days. A little bit more battery life would be all the difference needed. And yes, by all means, make it a little thicker, no one is going to complain!

Last edited:
Reactions: baypharm

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
What I mean is I WANT my 3.5mm headphone jack. If the iPhone 7 eliminates this, I probably won't buy it, thus saving me money. It was a comment in jest. I edited the post after to add more serious wish-list items.
I wouldn't mind if Apple doesn't bring the 7 out.

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2013
I voted for wireless charging, but only if it's fast and reliable. If I could have voted for an additional option I would say longer battery life.

TOMIMOT

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Canada
I love my 6s+. The battery is great, lasts me about 1.5 days ish. Wouldn't mind if they improved on it. In the iPhone 7 I would love to see

-Bigger battery/ Fast charging
-Saphire glass/scratch resistant
-Software based home button, get rid of the home button (may increase space for battery)
-Updated processor + ram
-Updated camera sensor

thats all I would love to see in the next iPhone.

Denmac1

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Lost in Space
For my personal use, battery life is OK as I am mobile quite a bit and have the ability to have it plugged in, so pretty much always fully charged. Know many, many people are satisfied with the both the new 6's, but I still prefer the size of my 5s.
As I know the path that Apple takes and understanding the need for IOS and hardware to be kept up to date, I believe that my 5s will max out within a couple of IOS upgrades and in order to take advantage of new tech, would need to upgrade hardware. I see nothing wrong with an additional sized phone in the line up. I don't need all the bells & whistles, so not having 3D Touch or Live Photos, for me, is not a show stopper.
For other content perusal,I have my iPad Air 2 and am very happy with it.

VesselA

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2015
higher pixel density 1080p on the standard iphone

a 4.3 inch phone - 4 is reachable all over, but feels restrictive for games, slightly bigger would be ideal

make it a bit thicker to allow a larger battery - which would also allow a flush camera

a grippier back

ability to access each file in a file browser

thinner side bezels

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.