Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

With the impending release of the 2019 Mac Pro what are your plans

• I'm a day one buyer, bring it on, this thing is awesome!

• I'm a "pro" who can't bring in enough revenue to cover the cost, I'll drool from the sidelines

• I'm going to cobble together a bunch of parts and then steal MacOS to create a "hackintosh"

• I'm obsessed with core count above all else so I'll talk about EPYC/TR but do nothing

• I've never touched ML but I'll complain about no CUDA. Fortnite YEET!

• I'll lack meaning in my life so I'll start complaining about timing of the 8,1

• I care more about artificial benchmarks than workflow so I'll start a support group for PCIe 4

Results are only viewable after voting.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
  1. the MacPro 2013 was announced at WWDC June 2013, released december 19,2013 (announced 1 day prior to release on the 18th)
  2. the iMacPro 2017 was announced at WWDC June 2017, released december 14th 2017 (announced two days prior to release on the 12th)
  3. the MacPro 2019 was announced at WWDC June 2019, released ??

I hope the 12th, expect 19th

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
I hope the 12th, expect 19th
I wonder if there's a critical part for the 7,1 that's in short supply - or had to be redesigned. (Remember https://mashable.com/article/apple-mac-pro-screw/ ?)

All those systems that we saw at the factory could be being put in a stockpile - and when the missing part becomes available they'll be completed and shipped.

It doesn't make sense for Apple to be storing lots of systems that are ready to ship:

• Tim Apple's years in the supply chain business were focused on just-in-time build and ship - stock in inventory ties up cash without generating income
  • Apple is always "thrilled" about the high demand for new products, and the initial backlog (even if the demand drops when the bubble bursts). If they have enough stock for the bubble - they won't be able to point to long order lead times as evidence of overwhelming demand
title-1015[1].png

Last edited:

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
I wonder if there's a critical part for the 7,1 that's in short supply - or had to be redesigned. (Remember https://mashable.com/article/apple-mac-pro-screw/ ?)

All those systems that we saw at the factory could be being put in a stockpile - and when the missing part becomes available they'll be completed and shipped.

It doesn't make sense for Apple to be storing lots of systems that are ready to ship:

• Tim Apple's years in the supply chain business were focused on just-in-time build and ship - stock in inventory ties up cash without generating income
  • Apple is always "thrilled" about the high demand for new products, and the initial backlog (even if the demand drops when the bubble bursts). If they have enough stock for the bubble - they won't be able to point to long order lead times as evidence of overwhelming demand
View attachment 880663
bestbuy, b&h, and adorama etc all get pre-configured shipments. So i figure they are prepping the supply chain for launch.

EDIT: and how could I forget, their own stores

Last edited:

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London

View attachment 880663

Also next week I get told if I’m promoted or have to wait another year...

but yes, my worry is that there’s a shortage of at least a critical component.

hope not

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.