Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prosin645

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2014
i have a mac/se that has a LED screen, its fitted on with a frame , a few buttons added to where the floppy disk is at and new speakers. How much do you guys think its worth.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
Hi Prosin,

Can you elaborate on what you mean? Can you post pictures?

Is it a pc mod or have you put an lcd screen in a working SE?

I'd be interested to see the latter, although the brief manner in which the OP posted this thread makes me suspect a troll.

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
There -were- some LCDs that had the right aspect ratio once upon a time.

The DynaMac and Outbound used them. They would even fit within the SE bezel, though making it flat would be a bit challenging.

bigeasy_uk

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2005
Leamington Spa, England
There -were- some LCDs that had the right aspect ratio once upon a time.

The DynaMac and Outbound used them. They would even fit within the SE bezel, though making it flat would be a bit challenging.

It would be an interesting hybrid, that's for sure. Not sure the OP is coming back to explain, it's been a few days now.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Hrm, only post by this user, I'm thinking one of two possibilities:

1. Troll

2. Someone who knows *NOTHING* about Macs, honestly coming here to find out what is going on.

Assuming #2, then by the description, it is almost certainly a modern hack/mod. That makes it worth nothing as an Apple collectible, and its value is solely in whatever useful function it performs now plus possible "art project" value that is completely in the eye of the beholder.

If it is a "modern PC in an Mac SE shell", then it's worth whatever the PC components are worth. Probably somewhere between $20 and $100, depending on how old the "modern" PC is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.