Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
it's grown on me. I use it more like how I use (or used to use) flipboard by following topics instead of specific publications, except I have subscribed to guardian UK so I don't have to leave the news app.

Suspended
Dec 17, 2013
I use it every day instead of visiting the different sites in Safari. I like it a lot, and it's very fast to update in iOS 9.3.

Downsides:
- I've had NYT and Guardian articles about bombings and the like appear in my For You feed for some reason, when I stay away from negative stuff like that.
- Some publications only put a description in their News article, meaning I have to go to the website (within News) to read the article, which isn't formatted so well. Most of the time I'll then open the article in Safari and use Reader, making that particular publication a bit pointless in News.

Suspended
Sep 16, 2013
Wish I had the chance to try it.... C'mon Canada isn't that far or different (just cold)

dennysanders

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2015
google news works fine for me. haven't given the Apple News app much of a chance. i think it's a comfort thing; i've been using google news for so long, i don't have the desire to try something different.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
I've started using it a lot more lately. Partially treat it as an RSS reader, transferred most of my feedbin feeds over too. Like the 3D Touch support, and I do like their suggested articles so far, very relevant to my interests.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
I think it's great and it's my go-to news source now. Granted, I'm not much into news (I just like to check on things a couple times a week), but for that purpose it's pretty great.

Not really sure why Apple is so late to the game with this, but it's definitely a stock app that I find useful.

dearfriendx

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2011
San Diego, CA
Use it daily. When I wake up I swipe left to the proactive screen and usually follow a routine. Among other things in Proactive to start my day I'll scroll the articles real quick. But yes most of my reading of the news throughout the day is Apple News for sure

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
gave up on it, too cluttered and too much content is actually overwhelming

went back to twitter as my news source

Noble Actual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Nope. To be fair I also deleted my Flipboard account. Both are really just a cluster****.

Twitter is still the best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.