Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caffeeneaddict

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
hey all i'm purchasing a 360 within the next few weeks and one of the games i'm looking at purchasing is shadowrun and i was wondering if anyone has played it and what did you think of it. any input would be helpful

thanks,

Caffeeneaddict

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
There's a free demo on XBL for it.
I really don't like the game.

I was hoping because of all the powers you can have, it would be a fun FPS with a lot of different things you can do. Well, I was half right...there's a lot of different things you can do. Wasn't fun to me though.

Free demo...can't beat that. Definitely try the demo first and play through the tutorial.

I believe it's a multiplayer only shooter - keep that in mind, especially if you're not going to pay for Xbox Live Gold because then you'd be tethered to local/splitscreen play only.

I think there's much better shooters out there for the money, including Bioshock which comes out the 17th I believe.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
You'd have to put me in the "Oh I wished it would have been a RPG/Adventure game like the SNES one". That game was excellent and had an very interesting narrative.

I haven't tried the 360 demo yet because I have reverted to a silver membership for a while.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
You can still download the demo and go through the tutorial without Live Gold...if you want to. ;)

Try it...again though, I wasn't interested in it. Actually, what happened was I went through the tutorial to learn the powers/moves, then at the end of learning all of it, a botmatch is started for practice. I got pwned by the ai (because they kept warping all over the place when I'd shoot at them), so I quit the demo and deleted it off my hd. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.