Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2014
I have the yellow Ocean loop. I like it, despite not liking buckles in general. It's comfy. The buckle is just slow.

orange Alpine coming tomorrow.

Still really curious about the Trail loop since it looks closest to the Sports loop.

All these bands are overpriced. Even at half they would be too much.
The trail loop better be good with all this hype 😆. My best guess is it’s a softer more durable sport loop (not impressive imo)

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Once you get used to strapping the ocean band you won’t want to go back to the cloth bands. I hate having a wet band after running you cannot fully clean them unless you wash them in the washing machine or do a heavy sink and soap wash. I thought I wouldn’t like the traditional strap on the AW but it’s nice.
Nah. My Nike sport band is much better for workouts.

Reactions: Agile55

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2014
Of course to each their own. I’ve noticed that the ocean band doesn’t slip at all compared to the alpine and spot loops. I love the sport bands but like I said just can’t stand the sweat/watery feeling for like an hour after a shower or something.

Reactions: andresandiego

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
I only have on-the-wrist experience with the Alpine, and although I disliked it at first, I really like it now. Very comfortable, easily adjustable, easy to put on and take off after some practice, and looks terrific. I tried a variety of my old watch bands, and the greater width of the Alpine band at 26mm just looks more in proportion with the Ultra. I wish it came in more color options though, which I’m sure will happen in due time. I checked out the Ocean band, but the holes in the side just didn’t work for me aesthetically.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
You know I'm not into the alpine loop. I like the color but I don't like the feel. And for casual day to day use I don't like the strap mechanism or the big titanium loop. Currently use a grey band from my titanium and looking to buy a saddle brown strap.

likegadgets

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
US
I dislike the Alpine Band (tried it at the store). Cumbersome to put on and remove. Have not opened the large green one that shipped with my watch. Tried to swap it at the store for the Ocean midnight, but two times I tried they stated they could not do it. I read some had different luck with that. I would return the whole watch and get a watch with a different band but they are not available in stock and I do not want to wait. I am using my original space black link band - works and looks ok. I wish Apple would unbundle the watch from the bands.

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
I dislike the Alpine Band (tried it at the store). Cumbersome to put on and remove. Have not opened the large green one that shipped with my watch. Tried to swap it at the store for the Ocean midnight, but two times I tried they stated they could not do it. I read some had different luck with that. I would return the whole watch and get a watch with a different band but they are not available in stock and I do not want to wait. I am using my original space black link band - works and looks ok. I wish Apple would unbundle the watch from the bands.
once you learn how to do it, after a day or 2 it's easy, not gonna happen trying it on in a shop lol, i surf in mine and its very secure.

likegadgets

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
US
once you learn how to do it, after a day or 2 it's easy, not gonna happen trying it on in a shop lol, i surf in mine and its very secure.
Thanks. Succeeded today and swapped the Green Alpine for the Midnight Ocean. Still using the space black metal link.
Will be watching for third party bands - want a good quality Titanium band that matches the watch. The Nomad looks good but the titanium appears not to be an exact match.

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
Thanks. Succeeded today and swapped the Green Alpine for the Midnight Ocean. Still using the space black metal link.
Will be watching for third party bands - want a good quality Titanium band that matches the watch. The Nomad looks good but the titanium appears not to be an exact match.
Looks good the nomad but it’s pricey

Hojobones

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
I ordered the ringke titanium band, saw it in a YouTube video. Hopefully it doesn’t suck

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
I knew going into this that I would not be regularly wearing whatever band came with my Ultra, because I simply don’t like particular things about each band. And nobody needs more details about what someone doesn’t like, lol.

But… I will provide details about the band I would have paid $149 for and would still be patiently waiting for, if it had been made, but were delayed:

Explore Buckle: Saddle Brown leather with titanium lugs and buckle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.