Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

striders

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
I have used Evernote since it was a standalone app (no cloud syncing) and nowadays the iOS since to be bloated and less table. Hence I am excited to see that the new Apple Notes will support:

- Picture
- Checklist
- Sketches

I haven't downloaded the iOS 9 Preview yet, but if you do, what's your take on the functionality of the new Notes app?

I'd love to ditch Evernote and not pay the subscription fee.

striders

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
I could never get my head around Evernote as much as I wanted to and tried. The new Notes is a dream. The new additions make it that little bit classier.

With the new Notes app, is there any loss of formatting or some other quirky bugs when you edit existing notes in multiple devices? I.e. create notes with checklist and font formatting in iOS, edit it in OSX and then re-edit in iOS, etc.

With Evernote, there are a lot of inconsistencies that made it hard to do so. Example:
1). Adding bullet points for existing notes in iOS added a space after the bullet point, but this doesn't happen in the OSX version

2). I can change font color in the OS X apps but not in the iOS app

striders

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Quick questions:

1). Can you share individual notes with others?
2). Is there a way to categorize the notes? Tags, folders, etc.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Quick questions:

1). Can you share individual notes with others?
2). Is there a way to categorize the notes? Tags, folders, etc.
Yes you can. Do what you familiar to share it with all the ways possible.

At least you can organise notes through folder. But you need to install beta Yosemite and beta iOS 9 both to do so on both sides.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.