Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
I've heard the CandyShell flakes and I'm not sure what it meant by that. Could someone explain/give me a picture?

Also, is the dock piece really that easy to break?

ghostshadow

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2006
Indianapolis
I could be completely wrong, but it might refer to the case color having a shiny flake in the plastic. Like glitter. Think of a car paint job with shiny metallic flecks of glittery shimmers in it.

I know speck has made cases like that in the past. I could be off base though.

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
I could be completely wrong, but it might refer to the case color having a shiny flake in the plastic. Like glitter. Think of a car paint job with shiny metallic flecks of glittery shimmers in it.

I know speck has made cases like that in the past. I could be off base though.
I thought it might have been the rubber kinda peeling. But if this is the case, I really could care less. Thanks.

tanyawongz

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2009
Eugene, OR / Hong Kong
Yes its the rubber that's pealing, the little bits tend to get on the screen and it feels like there are eraser bits all over the screen. As much as I love this case, I hate the fact that it flakes.

icemanzzz

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2010
Got a new CandyShell Flip. Been using this for 2 days and guess what.. it's flaking already. TDon't get this case.

Are Speck products deteriorating? Never had this problem before..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.