Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
I know that there's a list of things under the toggle in Settings, but I was curious what else Low Power mode does to save power. For instance, it disables mail fetch, but does it also disable mail push?

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
Low power mode does a number of things to save battery power. It automatically changes some settings to save battery power, disabling automatic fetching of new mail, reducing your screen brightness, and automatically locking the phone and powering off its display more quickly. Apps can detect low power mode is enabled and choose to disable animations and other battery-hungry features, too.

Motion effects and animated wallpapers are also disabled. Background activities and networking are paused to prevent unnecessary power drain in the background. Your iPhone even automatically reduces the performance of its CPU and GPU, which makes it perform a bit slower but saves battery life.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Thanks. Just to clarify, does it turn off push for email?

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Yes, push and fetch are disabled--it just goes to manual when LPM is enabled.

Oh. How would you recommend that I extend the battery life of my iPhone 4S? Should I leave Low Power Mode on at all times?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Oh. How would you recommend that I extend the battery life of my iPhone 4S? Should I leave Low Power Mode on at all times?
You can if you want to, if battery life is one of your primary concerns and if you don't really care about or mind the things that it disables/changes.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
You can if you want to, if battery life is one of your primary concerns and if you don't really care about or mind the things that it disables/changes.

Short of doing that (let's consider that the extreme solution), what would you recommend doing to prolong my battery life as far as possible?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.