Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pullman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hello

I'm trying to build a Mojave installer with OCLP (1.4.3) and keep getting the below error, which aborts the process. I've tried Mojave installers downloaded from two different places and I have tried with two different flash drives, both of which are fully functioning. I've also tried adding the flash drives to SysPrefs/Spotlight/Privacy to prevent indexing. It's strange because I managed to build a Monterey installer the other day without issue.

oclpcorrupt.png

This made me wonder what the OCLP "Create macOS Installer" button does. Is it anything beyond the ordinary createinstallmedia command? If not, I could just use that option. I don't see this explicitly said at the Dortania guide.

Thanks in advance
Philip

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hello

I'm trying to build a Mojave installer with OCLP (1.4.3) and keep getting the below error, which aborts the process. I've tried Mojave installers downloaded from two different places and I have tried with two different flash drives, both of which are fully functioning. I've also tried adding the flash drives to SysPrefs/Spotlight/Privacy to prevent indexing. It's strange because I managed to build a Monterey installer the other day without issue.

View attachment 2365480

This made me wonder what the OCLP "Create macOS Installer" button does. Is it anything beyond the ordinary createinstallmedia command? If not, I could just use that option. I don't see this explicitly said at the Dortania guide.

Thanks in advance
Philip

The script OCLP uses to get the necessary file to create the USB installer failed to detect a suitable file.
Perhaps you can try downloading Mojave file using the OCLP menu.
Or, as you have been able to create the USB installer using the createinstallmedia command, why bother with OCLP at all? Just go with what get the job done.

Reactions: pullman

pullman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ah silly me, that's right, I had forgotten it's Big Sur and up only.

Does that mean the only option to get for instance Mojave on a cMP3,1 is the Dosdude way?

OCLP officially supports Big Sur and later.

Last edited:

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013

pullman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I suppose that's only possible for Mac Pros other than the 3,1 which I have?

As for GPU I'm using a Radeon WX5100 which is Metal-compatible and the Boot ROM says 9999.999.999. which I understand has something to do with spoofing.

OCLP officially supports Big Sur and later.
I think it depends on your firmware revision and GPU.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.