Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WinkyMacRumors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Nacka, Sweden
Hello,

I have a key on my keyboard that I can't figure out what it does. I have an MacBook from late 2006 and the key looks like this:
Sk_rmavbild_2011-10-18_kl__19_01_28.png

It lies next to the CMD key. See this picture:
Sk_rmavbild_2011-10-18_kl__19_31_10.png

Any idea is greatly appreciated.

// Winky

-------------------------
The answer: ENTER

Last edited:

ergdegdeg

Moderator emeritus
Oct 13, 2007
On the older MB/Ps, this was the "Enter" key. It does the same thing as the return key in most cases, but there is a difference in some apps (like Photoshop).

Nov 28, 2010
located
On the older MB/Ps, this was the "Enter" key. It does the same thing as the return key in most cases, but there is a difference in some apps (like Photoshop).

I only remember seeing it on iBooks and PowerBooks, never on a MacBook (Pro). Interesting, why did Apple get rid of it then?

ergdegdeg

Moderator emeritus
Oct 13, 2007
I only remember seeing it on iBooks and PowerBooks, never on a MacBook (Pro). Interesting, why did Apple get rid of it then?

My 2007 MBP had one (although it had a German keyboard layout). I don't know why they got rid of it, but it definitely was handy.

WinkyMacRumors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Nacka, Sweden
Solution to the solution

Find it under FAQ :D

"How do I mark my thread to show that the problem has been solved?
You can mark a thread as "Resolved" only if you started the thread. To do so:

Click the Edit button next to the first post in the thread.
Click the Go Advanced button.
Change the drop-down in front of the thread title to [Resolved].
Click the Save Changes button.
Marking a thread as Resolved is a hint to others that a solution or explanation was found or that you no longer need help or advice. It does not close the thread or prevent others from making comments if the subject is still of interest to them."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.