Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dusk007

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
I just had to plug and and restart a totally dead notebook 0%. It is a 1 week old Ice Lake 13" MBP so as new as it gets.
After about three days of it sitting in my backback not being opened it was dead.
I assume it was close to 100% when it went into the bag.

Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 09.36.00.png

I used to own a 15" from 2013 and that could stay on battery for a month and then wake up with barely any battery left. And then it was hibernation (so just a slightly slower wakeup) not shut down with a full restart.
The time on AC reports 87:46 hours which would be about the time it should be in the bag. Any ideas what this should show.
Or is this just the total time on AC since I have own it? While there is no time on battery listed.

Anybody know way to debug what actually happend.
The Mac Console does show any log or other data between 17:50 on Sep 3 till 9:02 on Sep 7. So according to my clac that should be 89h of it being off, which gets close to the 87:46 number.

While I had an Intellij memory dumb going on Sep3 pretty late, I would imagine there being some logs if the notebook was actually on during that time.
Any ideas or is it just faulty hardware and I should send it in.

dusk007

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
Since the beginning of time? Or does this ever reset.
I know what AC means but what does yours say. I aws wondering if the Mac somehow assumed that it was on AC while being off and then just kept doing stuff instead of going into a deep slumber as it should have.
No indication of what brought the battery down to 0%.

ultrakyo

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2015
It is the time the machine has been connected to the AC since it was plugged in.

What could have happened is you sleep your computer while on AC, put it on the bag and plugged in before wakingit up.

Regarding battery might be worth to check your battery health. Also note that sometimes the machine do accidental wake, mine sometimes does that I know because the fan is running and machine is hot while in the bag to find the battery has been depleted. iStat shows that the machine was running while in the bag for somereason.

also check if you have turned off power nap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.