Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noupf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
So, i thought i remember a co-workers iphone ( iphone 8 plus ) actually responding to her "hey sir" with something like "go ahead Susan", or a "what can i do for you susan" and so on....

However, whenever i say "hey Siri" on my iphone x, it just does the "ding ding" noise......

Am i missing something here?

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I had similar confusion coming from a 5S. I was used to saying “Hey Siri” then wait for the boop so I could talk.

Just say “Hey Siri” and keep talking with your query in one sentence. Don’t wait for the boop. She’ll pick it all up rather than going back to sleep. Feels much more natural!

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Not what the OP wants. That is for changing what Siri calls you in a response/answer. For some reason the OP seems to want to say "Hey Siri" and then wait while Siri says something like "Hey John how are you and what can I do for you today". This is not the way it works (same for Alexa or Google Now). You just say 'Hey Siri, what is the weather going to be like for the next few days". Siri beeps and responds. You can then say "Hey Siri, what about New York City" and Siri will beep and respond.

If you say "Hey Siri" and stop (don't say your query) it will beep to tell you it is waiting for you to speak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.